Monday, March 28, 2011

Jealousy

The Rose that Grew from Concrete

Did you hear about the rose that grew
from a crack in the concrete?

Proving nature's law is wrong it
learned to walk with out having feet.

Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
it learned to breathe fresh air.

Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else ever cared.

Tupac Shakur

The Rose that Grew from Concrete, by Tupac Shakur. Man. Just the title of this poem makes me jealous. It sounds so solid. It's so simple and inspiring. I love this.

Read it if you have a minute, maybe it will make you jealous too.

3 comments:

  1. yeah i loved this. YOur right the title just fits and makes it have so many meanings

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 6-year-old son, Cy, read this poem the other day and said he liked it. I asked why and he said that it was funny to picture the flower walk without having feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem makes me so jealous. It's so short, yet filled with inspiration.
    And I loved how you pointed out the title of this poem. I never thought about that before. I think most people just look at the poem and get jealous, and not realize the title has meaning as well.

    ReplyDelete