Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Definition of LOVE

Love is something that I know very little about.

I'm 18, and I have only had one attempt at love. I'm not sure how love works in the real world because I'm not sure if what I had was the real thing. I know that I loved someone, and he loved me but were we really "In Love"? Was that what love is?

Can I write about love when I'm not even sure that I know what real love feels like?

I don't know.

I do know that love is supposed to be unselfish. It's supposed to be the most beautiful thing in the entire world. Love is what the FairyTales make us believe in, true love. Love is the thing that people die for, and look for a lifetime to find.

I can tell you that love is something that I hope to find someday myself. It cannot be defined by an 18 year old during her senior year of highschool, and maybe it still can't be defined by a couple married for 50 years. But it can be hoped for, and believed in.

3 comments:

  1. I like this. Eventhough we are 18 years olds i think that we can still define love. becasue isnt love also your mom baking you cookies? idk but good job i like it alot! it is different. and that is good :)

    ReplyDelete