Sunday, May 8, 2011

New York City

I'm in high school. I've been in high school for three years. I'm single. I have a job. A place to live. I have friends. I have a plan for college. I have a scholarship and an apartment. I have a roommate. I have a savings account with money I have saved at the bank. I have a plan. I have a major, I'm going to be a nurse. 
But all of this changed. In one split second. When I decided not to go to college at UVU just because that's where I had a full ride scholarship. I don't have to go to college there, just because it was the lowest cost on my list. I decided to work for my first year, move to New York and find a job as a nanny. I hear they make a lot of money babysitting rich people's kids. I use the money I have saved up to get me there and find a small apartment. I sit down in Starbucks and sip my coffee. A boy sits across from me and asks me my name. My life will never be the same.


Questions:
What would have happened if I had just gone to college at UVU?
Who is the boy that sits across from me at Starbucks?
Do I get the job as a Nanny or do I end up homeless on the streets?

No comments:

Post a Comment